Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Unable to select the BIOS Administration password option I will attach the images in images you can see options which I can select they are highlighted and other options which I cannot select they are not highlighted

IMG_20200409_161949.jpg

IMG_20200409_162007.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Deadpool4 

Do you REALLY feel the need to set a BIOS password?

We get posts EVERY DAY from folks who have done this, failed to Write It Down, and then want us to Reset it for them -- which we can NOT do. HP will do it, but they charge you a serious amount to replace the motherboard in the laptop, which means you also have to pay to send the laptop to them and be without it while the replacement is being done.

To me, setting a BIOS password is not worth this cost and inconvenience.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

No I don't want to set BIOS password basically  my query is that I am unable to use several BIOS options I just want to access that all 

HP Recommended

@Deadpool4 

Your original post did say you specifically wanted to select the BIOS Admin password option.

Sorry, but I do not know why the entries are greyed out -- so I can not help you with the other BIOS stuff.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.