Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x360 15t bl100 cto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone Namaste! I was doing bios update , processing was going on but it was not completing the update. Normally it should have taken 5-10 minutes to complete the bios update process plz correct me if I’m wrong here,  but it took 1 hour and not complete the update so I forcefully power off the laptop. I trying to start again laptop not working only caps lock blinking on the keyboard. I made bios recovery pen drive and try to boot with keyboard key combinations techniques not success to get bios. I went to the laptop repair shop, technician looked at the laptop and checked everything and said he need bios bin file to flash my laptop bios chip then my laptop will work again. He don’t have that bios bin file to flash my bios . Where I live in Nepal we don’t have many options for repair. Plz help me someone 🙏 I need Bios bin file for this motherboard: DAX32DMBAE0 REV:E

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Siddhu35 

You need the BIOS update file from HP for your PC model and OS version -- which you can download from here: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-bl000-x360-convertible-pc/13823372/mo...

That is a compressed archive file, so you need to download and install 7-zip to extract that file into its component parts.  You can get 7-zip from here:  https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Once you have done that, you will have the .bin file you need.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply sir! But that I already tried but my technician said he need bios image file from another same model laptop’ bios chip which should be copy by EEPROM SPI BIOS Programmer  device and reprogram my laptop’s bios chip. If anyone has that please help me .  Thank you from Nepal 

HP Recommended

@Siddhu35 

Admittedly, it has been a long time since I did firmware programming, but back then, you had to remove the BIOS chip from its socket (which you did with a special tool), insert that same chip into the socket on the BIOS programming device, reprogram the chip, remove it from the BIOS programming device, and insert it back into the motherboard.

The problem with doing this on HP laptops are that the chips are not socketed, so they are not removable.

Maybe technology has changed so that you can do this now by connecting the BIOS programming device to the system board somehow.  I don't know.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.