chvzed
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated BIOS, Black Screen and Caps Lock Blinking

HP Notebook 15-ay061nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated my bios and now my caps lock is blinking. Two blinks, one that comes 5 seconds after the second and another that comes like a second after the first. I had my laptop connected to a tv screen for a monitor with my laptop closed when I restarted the computer after bios update so maybe that screwed it up? Either way, it’s not working properly now. What is the proper course of action in this scenario? 

1 REPLY 1
Level 3 Karthikwhizkid
Level 3
46 46 3 8
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated BIOS, Black Screen and Caps Lock Blinking

Hi Chvzed,

The unit is not posting, Kindly press and hold the power button by disconnecting the unit from the AC Adapter for a minute and then connect the AC adapter and try to power it on.

In case this makes no difference, Kindly press the windows key, the letter B and the power button key for a minute while the unit is connected to the AC adapter.

Let me know what happens after this.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

Regards,
Karthik Nataraj

I am an HP employee.
I'm speaking on my behalf only and I'm not speaking for HP.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation