Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, 

First of all, I've been experiencing some issues with my computer such as if I was to restart my computer after downloading and installing updates the computer would get stuck on the HP loading screen forcing me to hold the power button and restarting again since the latest version of Windows 10

And I've also had issues where programs lock up and I'm unable to turn off or restart my computer, so I solved this problem by unplugging the power cord - I removed the battery a while back because a cell died not sure what happened there but anyway.

The problem I am having now, I opened the intel rapid storage technology software and disabled the Intel optane memory, which did not complete correctly as my system crashed with a blue screen 

I was able to get access to my computer desktop after enabling Legacy Boot and processing Ctrl+I to disable something that is related to the Intel rapid storage technology whatever its called

I backed up all my personal data and files and wiped out the entire Windows 10 installation using Killdisk DOS, I have been using Killdisk for years so I know what I am doing

I then plugged the Windows 10 recovery USB into my computer, and it is asking me to to enable something related to the Intel rapid storage technology device but I see no option to enable it in the BIOS?

I really need to gain access to the Advanced options in the bios to fix this issue otherwise I can't restore Windows 10, in other words my computer is totally screwed 

Please help urgently 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved! I was able to get the recovery media USB to install Windows 10 which has re-enabled the Intel Octane Memory which I disabled by mistake previously

All I had to do was disable Secure Boot in Bios, I had forgotten about it

Now everything is working as it should 👍😎

It took over 3 hours to reinstall windows 10 using the recovery media but it was worth it 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Solved! I was able to get the recovery media USB to install Windows 10 which has re-enabled the Intel Octane Memory which I disabled by mistake previously

All I had to do was disable Secure Boot in Bios, I had forgotten about it

Now everything is working as it should 👍😎

It took over 3 hours to reinstall windows 10 using the recovery media but it was worth it 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.