Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

See: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/1645016...

for an update that HP just released to address the issue.

HP Recommended

After reading this thread, it would appear that HP have not listened to all the many customers that have this laptop and having the rediculously slow boot-up/sign-in problems, as we purchased this laptop 12 months later and it still has this problem.

Why don't manufacturers listen to problems by their customers and fix them.  Eventually it is going to bite them in the bum and are going to lose all their customers.

HP Recommended

@DacorDave wrote:

After reading this thread, it would appear that HP have not listened to all the many customers that have this laptop and having the rIdiculously slow boot-up/sign-in problems, as we purchased this laptop 12 months later and it still has this problem.

Why don't manufacturers listen to problems by their customers and fix them. 

Eventually it is going to bite them in the bum and are going to lose all their customers.

Measure, measure, measure. 

Your computer: HP Notebook - 15-bw066sa Product Specifications  has:

Microprocessor: AMD Dual-Core A6-9220 APU (2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 2.9 GHz burst frequency, 1 MB cache)

Memory, standard: 4 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)

Hard drive: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

I think that your "bottleneck" is the disk-drive, not the processor, and not the RAM.

A 7200 RPM disk-drive would "spin" 33% faster, to access the sectors more quickly.

A SSD (Solid State Device) is advertised to be "up to 15 times faster" than a 5400 RPM disk-drive.

Have you recently "optimized" (used to be called "defragmenting") the disk-drive?

What anti-virus software are you using? Some of them are "resource hogs".

What other programs automatically start-up?

How much time does it take to boot, if there is no wired/wireless network connection available? (Programs cannot "call home" to look for updates.)

Note that Microsoft made its monthly release of updates, two days ago: Tuesday, October 9, at 10 AM Pacific. Expect your computer to be temporarily "slow" while downloading/applying those updates, until you allow it to reboot.

HP Recommended

@mdklassen wrote:

@DacorDave wrote:

After reading this thread, it would appear that HP have not listened to all the many customers that have this laptop and having the rIdiculously slow boot-up/sign-in problems, as we purchased this laptop 12 months later and it still has this problem.

Why don't manufacturers listen to problems by their customers and fix them. 

Eventually it is going to bite them in the bum and are going to lose all their customers.

Measure, measure, measure. 

Your computer: HP Notebook - 15-bw066sa Product Specifications  has:

Microprocessor: AMD Dual-Core A6-9220 APU (2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 2.9 GHz burst frequency, 1 MB cache)

Memory, standard: 4 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)

Hard drive: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

I think that your "bottleneck" is the disk-drive, not the processor, and not the RAM.

A 7200 RPM disk-drive would "spin" 33% faster, to access the sectors more quickly.

A SSD (Solid State Device) is advertised to be "up to 15 times faster" than a 5400 RPM disk-drive.

Have you recently "optimized" (used to be called "defragmenting") the disk-drive?

What anti-virus software are you using? Some of them are "resource hogs".

What other programs automatically start-up?

How much time does it take to boot, if there is no wired/wireless network connection available? (Programs cannot "call home" to look for updates.)

Note that Microsoft made its monthly release of updates, two days ago: Tuesday, October 9, at 10 AM Pacific. Expect your computer to be temporarily "slow" while downloading/applying those updates, until you allow it to reboot.

Thanks for your response Dean.

Firstly,  I also appologise if I have replied under the wrong thread.

Secondly - Re Bottleneck - with a 450Gb 'C' drive, only 60Gb is used - I don't think that constitutes a 'bottleneck'.

The Laptop is only 35 days new.

Secondly, I'll correct you on the Specs on my HP 250 G6 laptop: 

CPU: Intel® Celeron™ N3350  (1.1 GHz, up to 2.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 2 MB cache, 2 cores); 

Video: Integrated with Intel HD Graphics 500

RAM: 4 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB); 

HDD: 500 GB 7200 rpm SATA HDD;

O/s:  Windows 10 Home 64bit.

It doesn't even have an Optical Drive to take up any resources.

It does not have an AMD Dual Core processor.

While the specs, at least on paper, are way superior to my old laptop - my old laptop runs rings around this HP.

Fourthly, in response to your other questions:

• Yes, I ran HP's Troubleshoot Assistant, run the 'Optimiser', installed the various drivers, etc it came up with approx one week after initial set up.
  • Only running the Windows Defender program, NO third party A/V program.
  • Other than the O/S no other programs are set to run at start up.
  • It can take anywhere between 2-10 minutes or longer to boot, then similar times to sign-in.
  • We run a wired network connection on a 100/40Mbs network

In my opinion, which may not count for much, there is nothing that I have listed that should cause the significant slowness of this system.

I chose this laptop from HP, my first HP product, for my wife.

She uses it mainly for email, checking Facebook, creating the odd Word doc, paying bills and the odd Skype call.

Yes, it is at the lower end of HP's price range, but it should be suitable for the intended use, I saw no need for a high-spec unit.

It has certainly reinforced my opinion of HP products.

HP Recommended

my HP desktop is slow booting up and the icon's are very slow coming up. After some time I get the blue screen and must start over which takes at least 15 minutes. Please help.

HP Recommended

Another idiot on here that knows nothing. You cannot call either ones as they do not offer free help bu phone. All you get from these two companies is online forums where other poor users help fix issues. HP or Microsoft could give a rats ass after you buy tyheir junk. Buyer beware. When asked I always say buy anything that does not come with Windows or is made by HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.