Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-da0003ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi . i install dual ( kali linux and windows ) but now i remove kali linux .

when i want start desktop i get this black page before logo hp ! it not problem but i want remove it . i want power on laptop start directly to logo hp   how i can ?20181120_034220.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ynnsjb

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

Let's select the Default Operating System for startup using the below steps.

1. Open the Control Panel by pull open the search bar, typing “control panel,” tapping or clicking “Apps” and selecting "Control Panel" in the center of the screen. You can open the search bay by swiping from the right or bringing your mouse pointer to the upper right corner, then downward.
  2. Type “System” into the control panel search bar, and select “View Advanced Settings” in the resulting list. This will bring up the "System Properties" box with the "Advanced" properties already opened.
  3. Click the “Settings” button to the right of the words “Startup and Recovery," which is the third option down within the Advanced System Properties Window.
  4. Click on the drop-down box next to “Default Operating System.” Select the operating system you wish to boot on startup, such as “Windows 10 Home.”
  5. Uncheck the box labeled “Time to display the list of operating systems.” Click the OK button and reboot to ensure that the settings have taken effect

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ynnsjb

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

Let's select the Default Operating System for startup using the below steps.

1. Open the Control Panel by pull open the search bar, typing “control panel,” tapping or clicking “Apps” and selecting "Control Panel" in the center of the screen. You can open the search bay by swiping from the right or bringing your mouse pointer to the upper right corner, then downward.
  2. Type “System” into the control panel search bar, and select “View Advanced Settings” in the resulting list. This will bring up the "System Properties" box with the "Advanced" properties already opened.
  3. Click the “Settings” button to the right of the words “Startup and Recovery," which is the third option down within the Advanced System Properties Window.
  4. Click on the drop-down box next to “Default Operating System.” Select the operating system you wish to boot on startup, such as “Windows 10 Home.”
  5. Uncheck the box labeled “Time to display the list of operating systems.” Click the OK button and reboot to ensure that the settings have taken effect

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.