Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

when my notebook (HP Probook 450 G3) is in hibernate mode, I want to wake it via an external keyboard or mouse.

But it didn't work.

That's what I tried:

- Enable Wake on USB in the bios menu

- Activate in the device manager: device can wake up the computer from sleep

- quick start deactivated

- updated Windows 10 and all drivers

- Restarted my notebook

How can i fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Frank152

I have tried this same thing on multiple PCs and in every case, it does not work.  Why? Because to see the keyboard the USB drivers must be loaded and that does not happen until the Windows boot phase.  The only PCs that can be booted with external keyboard or mouse require a PX/2 connection, not USB, because that is apparently live all the time.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.