Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 Convertible 15m-dr0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The notebook will only boot if restarted in windows or after hard press of power button after a shutdown. 

For instance, if I shutdown in windows, when I try to start the system again the power light turns on but I have a black screen and nothing happens. I hold the power button until it turns off. I press the power button again and it starts with no problem.

Trouble shooting steps taken already:

1. Turn off fast boot

2. Updated Windows and drivers

3. Reset CMOS

4. Updated BIOS

5. Clean Windows Install

6. Tried different M.2 drive

This happens whether on battery power or adapter only with battery removed.

I'm stumped!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.