Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 595-p0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi:

I was trying to update my BIOS based on an HP post. Unfortunately, the BIOS installation did not go well and the old BIOS got corrupted. Thee backup BIOS also got  corrupted when I tried “WinKey+B”. I am trying to create a new BIOS from the HP site on a flash drive and received a message that there is NO BIOS for my computer (598-p0084) which runs Windows 10-64 bit. Any help would be immensly appreciated.  Thanks

frank 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @pman2010 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing BIOS issues.

Please follow the steps to recover BIOS:

1. Turn off the computer and be sure that the AC adapter is connected to power.

2. Press and hold the Windows + B keys, and then simultaneously press the power button.

3. After 2 to 3 seconds, continue to press and hold the Windows + B keys, but release the power button. You might hear a series of beeps.

If the HP BIOS Update screen is not displayed, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows + V keys. If the screen is still not displayed, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue.

If the power light turns off, the power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure that you press and hold the power button for only 2 to 3 seconds.

If a BIOS recovery message is displayed repeatedly, see Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.

If a message displays that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.

If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) (Windows) or HP Business Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) for more information.

For further information, you can refer to this link.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.