Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba061dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I'm trying to reset my computer with a USB with windows 10 (with the media creation tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10)

But on startup (after installing) it says:
"Windows Setup could not get windows to run on this computer", after another restart it says:
"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. WIndows installation can not proceed. To install Windows click 'OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation"

How do I fix this?
Thanks,

Jolie

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Jolie:

See if making a bootable USB recovery drive with the HP cloud recovery tool works for you.

Below is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Before making the recovery media, boot up the PC, tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F2 diagnostics option and test the hard drive to make sure it is OK.

It is possible the hard drive is defective, which is preventing W10 from reinstalling.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.