Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

Installed windows 10 update from an iso file on Aug 24th 2019 from windows website since there was an 100% disk usage problem and later unchecked all the services on the mschonfig and hit the restart after which the windows pin isn't accepted anymore and even the Microsoft Account password isn't accepted.. somehow unable to login to safe mode till now. 

Please let me know steps to recover. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Manishki 

I found these instructions online - don't guarantee they will work -- but first, you have to use a working PC to download a Win10 installation setup and create an installation DVD or USB stick -- which you can do using this link: Windows 10 download

1.bootbup with windows 10 USB drive then go repair and get to command prompt. 

2. Go to you main windows boot drive depending on how many drives you have,

3. Go to windows/system32

4. Type following copy osk.exe osk.exe.bak

5. Type following copy cmd.exe osk.exe

What you do is replace on screen keyboard with command prompt, 

6.reboot

7.once windows is log to normal login screen but since you can't see user name or login but you will see bottom right x on network icon and accessible 

8.clikc on On screen keyboard, it will bring up commands prompt instead 

9. Type in msconfig it will bring up System Configuration GUI, now lock on Normal startup then reboot. 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.