Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I noticed a lag during bootup initially as well.  But I ran windows updates and it boots faster than it ever did with windows 7 now.  I'm not exactly sure why, but it does.  So maybe do the default and run windows update and see what it does.  As for it freezing still sometimes out of sleep mode, theres a few other solutions out there that involve changing a mode called "hybrid sleep" or something like that.  maybe look into that as well.  glad its working better though.

HP Recommended

Hi davoncook,

Yesterday it was running well, today it's exceptional. No hang-ups, no crashes, and as you said, it's running way faster now than with W7. It's actually like a brand new machine that has not been abused with  "junk" and resistery issues. I also tried the Hybrid sleep to get this going prior to the FIX that solved it. Hybrid did not fix it (of course) but it is an interesting option (if you read the description). May try it later on, or maybe not, as "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda thing. Thanks to ALL for allowing me to finally get a good night's rest.

HP Recommended

I had this problem on my Asus, and I solved it by going to device manager (Win key + x, then m), go to system devices, find "intel management engine interface". Right-click that and go to properties, Power Management. Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". After that, I have not had this problem.

HP Recommended

I've been looking for a solution to this. I've seen very many posts about these similar symptons on here and at the microsoft forum with just as many different *possible* solutions.

Mine won't go into sleep mode, it just goes to a black screen and it will completely drain the battery. Attempts to get it out of sleep mode do not work. I must hold down the power button until it goes off. That usually takes approximately 5 seconds. When I bring it back up and try to open a browser, I get a message that the previous session never closed and it asks me if I want to restore. I thought it was a problem with Firefox, but this is happening with Edge also.

Any suggestions, preferably simple, since my knowledge about these systems is low. Thank you!

HP Recommended

I'm just guessing, but maybe your black screen is the PC going into "screen-saver" mode. Mine does this sometimes and the screen goes black. Then, if you do a force shut-down, the PC will of course shut down without the proper shut down  sequence, and you will get an error in some programs (especially the browsers) when it comes back on.

Try this, (if you have W10 OS or another) change your screen-saver to a pattern by left clicking in the desktop, then selecting "lock screen", the scroll down the right window to find "Screen Saver Settings" and right clck that. When the screen saver window comes up, pick a Screen saver mode, like "Ribbons", hit apply, then, OK.  That should then set your screen saver mode to a visual "ribbons" when the PC goes into screen saver mode. Just move your mouse or hit a key and it should come out of that mode and allow you to start using it normally. I know this is kind of standard and rudimentary, but you did say your knoweldge was low. Good luck...

HP Recommended

Same exact issue. No problem when on Win 7, but with WIn 8, BSOD after hibernate or sleep.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.