Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion notebook - 15-p151nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I have tried to install windows 10 from windows 8.1 and then I have mistakenly deleted every drive data and cleaned out every volume in command prompt and then OS also got deleted and my system allocated OS space too. 

Then my laptop just developed some kind of problem just 1 day back, says boot device not found, please install an operating system, so I did a system diagnostic through f2, did a memory drive test and hard disk test and the system passed both.. However the problem still hasn't been resolved. I shutdown and restarted the system pressing f11 so that I can do a recovery but its not responding, ie, f11 isn't working...

I can't able to install OS from USB pen drive and it's saying that no bootable device has been found, please install a new operating system.. What can I do now?? 

Please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Krishna42 

We're not a general purpose Windows errors troubleshooting outfit. 

You need to online and do searches for this error code because there are a lot of different causes and possible solutions.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Krishna42 

So what were you doing, using DiskPart manually, not knowing it can remove everything on the drive if you make a mistake?

If the drive passes the diagnostics, then this is likely a boot files issue, and using another PC, you can create media to rewrite your boot files -- but you have to be able to boot from USB to do that.  If you can't boot from USB, you are stuck with what you have done.

HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have sorted out my booting error and I now getting these following couple of errors... 

File: \windows\system32\drivers\EhstorTcgDrv.sys
Error code: 0xc0000221

HP Recommended

@Krishna42 

We're not a general purpose Windows errors troubleshooting outfit. 

You need to online and do searches for this error code because there are a lot of different causes and possible solutions.

HP Recommended

Yeah, that's okay... I have reinstalled my operating system successfully 

HP Recommended

@Krishna42 

OK -- but which Windows version did you reinstall, Win8.1 or Win10?

HP Recommended

Firstly I tried to install windows 10 it didn't work so I went back to Windows 8.1 and successfully installed it. Then I installed windows 10 

This whole thing was messy because there was no operating system presented in it as I said I have deleted it and I tried from external pen drive with Windows To Go and I was able to back it up my hard drive partition initially I couldn't able to get find it when I was booting. It took me 2 whole days to fix the entire OS solution on my own. 

Thank god 🙏

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.