Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Mt 41 thin Client

This is my friends laptop she wanted me to download Windows 10 which I did with a USB Flash Drive. During install it said I needed to clear up more space so I tried everything possible disk clean up & removing all programs. That wasn't enough so I went to system restore and tried that.  Tried installing again then it said I had needed computer repair, tried that then error 0x000000f came up then 0cx00000er (similar) telling me bios configuring was wrong.  Then I went back tried changing boot options(not knowing really what I was doing) Now when I turn on laptop it says Boot Device not found, operating system on hard disk. Its goes back to memory & hard disk diagnosis which I did 10 times the short & long check & comes up passed.  So now I'm stuck can't boot, tried removing battery several times, tried the press window key & b all I get is black screen with power light on. What do I do, I have messed up my friends laptop.....PLEASE HELP!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mgddebi64 

This is not a standard laptop in the traditional sense.  It came with Windows Embedded -- which is a severely cut back version of Windows intended for "appliances".  It is not, as far as I know, going to run Windows 10.  

I know of nowhere that you can get Win7 Embedded -- which is what it came with.  You have basically trashed the device.

You should not have messed with it before coming here and checking with us first.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mgddebi64 

This is not a standard laptop in the traditional sense.  It came with Windows Embedded -- which is a severely cut back version of Windows intended for "appliances".  It is not, as far as I know, going to run Windows 10.  

I know of nowhere that you can get Win7 Embedded -- which is what it came with.  You have basically trashed the device.

You should not have messed with it before coming here and checking with us first.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.