7 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

ZBook X2 G4: How to access boot menu?

ZBook X2 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I thought that accessing the boot menu would be pretty straight forward. However, the device displays the logo and the message "Protected by hp sure start (or something similar)", pressing the usual keys (ESC, F1, F2, F10) doesn't do anything. Next thing that happens is just windows starting.

Is there a desktop app that can change this behaviour? I'd like to change a couple of things, especially enable the hybrid graphics option for better battery life.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,191 9,086 740 3,327
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @m_go 

Check this article to see options how to start UEFI from Windows restart >> https://www.isunshare.com/windows-password/four-methods-to-access-uefi-bios-setup.html

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
m_go
Level 1
7 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks, that worked.

I also found that I just need to be really quick if I wanted to use the F10 key.

And a third method, which I found would be most pleasing, is a batch file utilizing the "shutdown" command with the "/fw" switch.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation