Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 11m-ad113dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop stay on a blank screen after HP Splash screen when running on battery, but when the charger is connected laptop boot normally, can't be a battery issue because also I bought a new genuine HP battery but the problem still present, I'm running latest bios version 

F.27 Rev.A 14.6 MB Jul 1, 2020

Tried also to to a manual BIOS drivers recovery using WIN key + B, after recovery BIOS or using USB to recover BIOS problem still present.

Problem; HP Pavilion x360 - 11m-ad113dx goes blank after HP splash logo ONLY when running on battery power, boots normally when charger is connected, windows 10 2004 install with no problem (ONLY when the charger is connected), as soon as you disconnect the charger when on Windows desktop the computer goes blank (it doesn't shut down, stay on a blank screen) try to connect to external monitor, but no response, you can still hear the HDD spinning but the computer is NON responsive ONLY WHEN THE CHARGER IS DISONNECTED.

Please Help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@july25602 

Actually it MIGHT be the battery -- as I recently had to purchase a new battery for my own laptop and it would not boot from it.  When I connected the charger and used the info below to check the new battery, it was under 10% charged -- not enough to power up the laptop.

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10. as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is less than 50% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Also note the figure alongside the "Cycle Count". This tells how many times the battery has been fully recharged. A typical battery can handle around 500 charge cycles, but some will fail sooner than that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.