Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2000

was given a HP 2000 with no hard drive or memory cards so i installed new ones , when i press the power button it turns on and stays on but theres a blank screen and the tab light blinks twice, i tride the hard reset but nothing changed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DugDig49 Welcome to HP Community!

After reading your post, it seems that you are seeing the Caps Lock light on your  Hp 2000 Notebook PC blinking. The blinking is a code indication. We figure out the code by how many blinks the Caps lock button does. In this case, you had said that the Caps lock light blinks twice. That generally indicates that there is an issue with the BIOS. The blink code means BIOS corruption failure. You can find this information in the Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code document; this document provides the solution to a BIOS corruption failure. 

For you convenience, I have also posted the steps below: 

If this occurs, update the BIOS on the computer. For more information, see Updating the BIOS.

If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
  3. While the computer is still off:

• Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.
    • Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive. For information on how to restore the BIOS refer to the HP support document:  Restoring the BIOS

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@DugDig49 Welcome to HP Community!

After reading your post, it seems that you are seeing the Caps Lock light on your  Hp 2000 Notebook PC blinking. The blinking is a code indication. We figure out the code by how many blinks the Caps lock button does. In this case, you had said that the Caps lock light blinks twice. That generally indicates that there is an issue with the BIOS. The blink code means BIOS corruption failure. You can find this information in the Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code document; this document provides the solution to a BIOS corruption failure. 

For you convenience, I have also posted the steps below: 

If this occurs, update the BIOS on the computer. For more information, see Updating the BIOS.

If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
  3. While the computer is still off:

• Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.
    • Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive. For information on how to restore the BIOS refer to the HP support document:  Restoring the BIOS

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

thank you for your help and your time i greatly appreciate it thank you

HP Recommended

oh i forgot to tell you the B button didn't work but the windows key and the V button did thank you

HP Recommended

@DugDig49

Thank you for posting back.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK ill try that, thank you sorry it may be a couple of days for me to get to it, i don't know software hardly so im constantly looking things up that people tell me  what they know but thank thank you vary much

HP Recommended

@DugDig49

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.  

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i got the bios back thank you but it appears i lost my windows 7 witch was a legal copy but that's all right because i was going to install that xtra-PC flash drive but theirs no boot able USB port in the bios so i guess im up S*&^% creek anyway.

HP Recommended

@DugDig49

Formating the computer back to the factory settings will install factory shipped windows 7 OS back, However you can try updating the system BIOS and check for USB flash drive options. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ts up and running i cant believe it thank you vary much sir now if only it would boot from a USB flash drive id be able to use it again but that another ? THANK YOU your osum  🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.