cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
strawberry03
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

boot device not found

HP Recommended
HP Laptop model 17-by3053d prodID: 1g13UA#ABA

I have talked with the virtual assistant about how to get my laptop booted up but it told me i had to go to the store after my computer passed both a quick and extensive hard drive test. I have just installed a new hard drive due to my laptop not previously having one. Does anyone know how to install an operating system on a hard disk when you are unable to get into the computer in the first place?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,549 26,985 3,119 6,750
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@strawberry03 

The specs for the closest model I could find on the HP site are for the CL model -- and those claim it has a 1TB HDD. So, how did you come to the conclusion that your laptop had no HDD?

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,549 26,985 3,119 6,750
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@strawberry03 

The specs for the closest model I could find on the HP site are for the CL model -- and those claim it has a 1TB HDD. So, how did you come to the conclusion that your laptop had no HDD?

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

strawberry03
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my computer was brand new and un opened but it kept crashing. i checked the bios and did a hard drive check and it said there was no hard drive installed. i bought the correct hard drive. the one that was already in the computer was a 2.5'' SATA 5GB/s SSD SU720 which is way to small for my computer. maybe HP messed up when putting my hard drive  in.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation