Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 2x detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi my notebook is stucking on BIOS and I want to boot on usb I disabled secure boot and checked boot manager and I didn t found my USB stick except "boot from EFI file" and when I click on it it says "no valid file system" .I made the usb bootable with windows 10 iso so the problem is on the notebook.                                                                                                                                                  what cause the problem is that I tried to make a partition recovery to the windows RE tools hidden partition (recovery environment) and when I clicked to begin I receive a BSOD and on the next restart it was BIOS "Boot device not found please install a valid system on your drive "and the 3F0 drive problem I tried everything including reset security setting to the default and it boot on "0023 drive" which is the C: hard drive but it shows first a black screen then return to the BIOS and as you can see it do not want to boot on USB stick.Please help or my mother will kill me.thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@IsraaSarroura

Once you get the USB Recovery Media from HP, follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3 under the section " Perform System Recovery using HP Supplied Recovery Media " to help you with the installation

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@IsraaSarroura

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

I suggest you run a Hard drive Test first to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Hard drive

Since you were getting the 3F0 error, I suggest you restore the BIOS back to default

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443463

If the issue persists and all the Tests pass, then it could be an issue with the Bootable USB drive which you created

I would suggest you contact HP Support for the Recovery Media

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for helping me but I already tried what you told me and I don't have a "hard drive test" but just "storage test" and "memory test"  also I restore BIOS to the default but without any result but thank you very much I will check my usb key but is there are any other way to fix it without reinstalling windows please tell me

Thank you a lot.😀😁

HP Recommended

@IsraaSarroura

Unfortunately the Recovery Media is needed to restore the computer back to Original Factory Settings 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thank you but how can I restore my computer to his factory original settings with this recovery media

Thank you😀😊😄👍

HP Recommended

@IsraaSarroura

Once you get the USB Recovery Media from HP, follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3 under the section " Perform System Recovery using HP Supplied Recovery Media " to help you with the installation

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thank you very much you saved my life😀😁😃😊🤝👍

HP Recommended

@IsraaSarroura

I'm glad I could be of help

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.