Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv4-2160us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having severe overheating issues on my Pavilion dv4-260 and have read that updating the bios might help. I have version F0.b but some sources have indicated another version.  The HP website says nothing when I check for updates.  Can anyone tell me what the current bios should be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Latest version posted for your model is F.0F -under Windows 7 driver list.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv4-2100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie...

I doubt that a BIOS update would solve overheating issues. An older desktop here suffers from overheating in Windows 10 and I believe it is due to no AMD graphics driver for Win 10. The graphics card is older & no support for Win 10 from AMD. Using the basic Microsoft driver. Probably will be rolling this machine back to Windows 7.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Latest version posted for your model is F.0F -under Windows 7 driver list.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv4-2100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie...

I doubt that a BIOS update would solve overheating issues. An older desktop here suffers from overheating in Windows 10 and I believe it is due to no AMD graphics driver for Win 10. The graphics card is older & no support for Win 10 from AMD. Using the basic Microsoft driver. Probably will be rolling this machine back to Windows 7.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  I was looking at the same link but had Windows 10 as operating system so no bios showed.  Overheating started just before Win 10 install so probably cooling fan blockage.  Just wanted to try all options before tearing down my laptop for repair.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.