Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion M6 1070

how can disable secure boot
i try search in bios not found option to disable it

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@nazar87ali 

If there is no option in the UEFI/BIOs settings, then you can not disable it.  Newer PCs do not allow this, nor do they provide for disabling UEFI mode, either.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @nazar87ali 

The Pavilion M6-1070 does not have a secure boot setting because it came out before Windows 8 was released to market.

Your notebook came with W7.

Only PC's that came with Windows 8 or newer from the PC manufacturers have a secure boot setting.

HP Recommended

what soultion to boot from usb or from another hard disk ???

HP Recommended

yes my pc windows 7
and i try boot from another hd or usb  not boot 😥

HP Recommended

On those models you have to boot the flash drive from the notebook's USB 2 port.

It will not boot from a USB 3 port.

The service manual indicates that there is one USB 2 port on the right side of your notebook.

See chapter 2, page 18 for the location of the USB 2 port.

c03328663.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

it read th usb and apear in boot
but not boot
and i try change hard disk it not read it

HP Recommended

There is probably something wrong with the way you made the bootable USB drive.

How did you try to boot from the flash drive?

I always press the ESC key and then select the F9 boot options menu from the available options, select the USB flash drive, and press the enter key.

The PC should then boot from the flash drive if it is properly set up to boot from.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

thanx 
is there way to update bios from usb ??

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

To the best of my knowledge, not on that model series.

The BIOS files are all exe files and have to be run using the supported version(s) of Windows the BIOS update was written to be run on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.