12-04-2019 07:13 PM
Helllo, went to use laptop and screen was blank. Pressed power down and then power on and now get this error,
error sending end of post message to ME: HECI disabled , proceeding with boot
laptop boots up but freezes after log in
12-07-2019 11:59 AM - edited 12-07-2019 11:59 AM
@ Markmat59 Welcome to HP Community!
For me to assist you accurately I would require more information regarding this.
- Did you try to update all the drivers using the HP support assistant?
Please check these intel and Microsoft community links which suggest to reinstall or roll back the bios for the same.
- Link 1 Microsoft community link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/me-fw-update-failed-please-try-again/9ee9d527-...
- Link 2: Intel community link: https://communities.intel.com/thread/99399
- So to roll back the bios please try both the steps prescribed in this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833
- Then update the bios, chipset and graphics drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If this does not work, use the HP support assistant to update the drivers and windows.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Note: The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!