Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion g6 note book

I have a hp pavilion g6 notebook laptop, I cant get into the Bios, would you let me know what Fkey i need to press,

I am running Windows 8.1 thank you

A, Hart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Shut down the notebook - do this by holding down the left Shift key as you click on Shutdown to temporarily prevent a hybrid boot. 

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to access the Start-up Menu and then select the Bios option ( f10 ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Shut down the notebook - do this by holding down the left Shift key as you click on Shutdown to temporarily prevent a hybrid boot. 

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to access the Start-up Menu and then select the Bios option ( f10 ).

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Thank you, really helpful
HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

This did not work for me. A little bit of background. HP Pavilion G6 updraded from W7 to W10 (then clean install of W10) the laptop was super slow in W7 and still is in W10. I ran a few tests and according to Parted Magic the i5 CPU is running in 32bit. I want see what is in BIOS but can not get in any of the ways mentioned. In fact W10 recovery options does not show any way to BIOS. msinfo32.exe show that BIOS running in Legacy mode, could that be the issue? Or any other BIOS settings can under-clock the CPU? Is it even possible to have Intel i5 running in 32bit? 

Thank you all help appreciated 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.