Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp victus 16
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so yesterday i updated my laptop with new firmware version f .10 before it was f.09 . I did this update from hp support assistant but after the installation of the bios version  and restarting my laptop the screen doesnt turn on . I asked many users who updated their victus with same version and they have the issue the laptop doesnt turn on anymore . when we r asking them on twitter and whatsapp support they giving some or the other reason and not accepting that it is problem from there end . 

What is this hp we already had wifi issues in victus and wobbling of screen and now the screen is itself not turning on . Please take this into consideration and fix this issue asap bcoz now more people will do update and it will be a mass issue so u and alongside we will have problem with it . 

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

I also have the same situation as you. Perhaps HP made an error BIOS boot file in version F.10 Rev.A, so when you install the machine does not boot up and when we create a bootable USB from this file, it also gives the same error.
My way is to click on the older version section and download the BIOS file F.09 Rev.A and create a bootable USB from another computer.

Link download F.09 Rev.A 

Then I turned off the computer.
Plug the power source into the computer.
Plug the newly created USB Boot into any USB port.
Press and hold Windows + B button.
Press the power button to light up and release while still hold Windows key + B. In about 10 seconds, the screen light will light up and the machine will automatically restore Bios in about 15 minutes to complete. I just finished and posted this tutorial for you guys. Hope to help you!
Hopefully HP will be more careful in future BIOS updates. Horrible I just received this computer yesterday afternoon.

HP Recommended

Same with my victus rtx3060 also bro. Don't know what to do now. I have a loot of works to do. All my files are in that machine. 

HP Recommended

Let's try my guide up!

HP Recommended

How to create a bootable usb bro

HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3S3KgcT-Ao&ab_channel=HPSupport guider here bro, download my link i posted up for Older BIOS files and make BIOS Restore USB

This video shows how to create a BIOS recovery flash drive. If you experience a hard drive failure on your notebook PC or no longer have the HP_Tools volume or partition, follow the steps in this video to create a BIOS recovery flash drive. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Insert USB drive 00:26
HP Recommended

I am trying to do what you suggested but I am unable to create the recovery usb. The setup runs and extracts the exe file to a folder but the exe simply doesn't run. It's the same for the other bios versions as well. Would you be able to somehow share the files that the exe installed on your usb drive? That way me and others who are unable to create the recovery drive can recover their laptops.

HP Recommended

R u on telegram . If yes then join https://t.me/hpvictus16 this we have got many fixed and some not so we can just give it a try . This is victus community channel link 

HP Recommended

I joined the telegram but can't see anything about this issue. I simply need the files that are supposed to be installed on the usb drive. Then I can put them on my usb stick and recover my laptop.

HP Recommended

From which is u tried to create recovery usb. I tried in win7 . But geting same problem as u mentioned. I will try to create recovery from a windows 10 pc today. If it works I will let u know

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.