Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
6730b
Linux

Hi, there.

I got a second hand HP Compaq 6730b laptop, however, I did not have the BIOS admin password, it locked boot from DVD and USB, and locked the wireless hardware. I cannot change it. It only boot from hard drive. It has a Kubuntu operation system. How do I reset the BIOS password? and make WiFi unlock, and change boot order, etc.

Anyone help? Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

forgot the laptop message as following:

s/n: SGH91509BZ

p/n: KE718AV

HP Recommended

Hi

Trp Password : nhzo3q1op0

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

It is case sensitive, the last digit is Zero. 

Hope this helps.

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

HP Recommended

Thank you for your code! however, it does not work! 

HP Recommended

do you get a system disable code after entering the wrong password for 3 times?

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended

I did not get the system disable code after entering the wrong password for 3 times. The System Locked! I need to press the power button to restart the system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.