Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

my hp pavilion laptop keyboard has stopped working; can only use on screen keybord -any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Use the warranty and contact with HP. How to do it?
Check the link below and choose your country:
Contact HP Worldwide

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

How old is it? Is it still under warrantee? Can you plug in an external keyboard and does it work?

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Perform a hard reset:

1. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
  2. Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
  3. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
  5. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC; but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  6. Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
  7. If prompted to boot into Safe Mode or select a special type of start up, use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , and then press the enter key.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Thanks tried hard reset but no joy keyboard still not working . Hp is only 4 months old :so still in warranty.
HP Recommended

Use the warranty and contact with HP. How to do it?
Check the link below and choose your country:
Contact HP Worldwide

HP Recommended
Thanks will do
HP Recommended
Accept as solution - it works!
HP Recommended
its worked .thank u very much
HP Recommended

hii..

i had a pavillion g6 2137 tx laptop and the keyboard keys(G,H and windows ) Buttons are not working..

i purchased last year and no warranty..

HP Recommended
Hi!
I purchased my hp pavilion G7 laptop July 2012 and about 5 months after I got it, my home row of letters would stop working. After 2 more months it continued to not work and the row below the home row also stopped working. It would work eventually but it wouldn't last more than a little while. Now, all three of the rows aren't working. I got the one row to work by forcably pushing on the keys which isn't good for the keys. I'm running completely out of patients and I don't know what to do. I definitely know it's not the sticky key thing because nothing is typing on it at all. How could I possibly fix it without spending a ton of money? And is it even worth fixing or should I just buy a new one..? I'm pretty sure I didn't have a warrenty on it either and even if I did, it's almost been a year and a half.
Thanks!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.