Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook - 11-d010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Laptop turns on, the HP logo comes up, then goes out , screen goes black then the HP logo comes up again..and the same thing over and over, I have done everything, nothing helps, what the heck is going on, this is only a year old!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @RNJMOM

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is in a loop and not booting to the desktop, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you run a diagnostics on your computer?

Do you have any external devices connected to your computer?

Have you made any hardware changes on your computer?

Please disconnect any devices connected to your computer. 

If you have any USB or DVD in the computer, please disconnect it.

Perform a power reset on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Disconnect the adapter, remove the battery (if it can be removed)

Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain the static in the computer. 

Connect the adapter and battery to the computer. 

Turn the computer ON while holding the Win + B key. (hold these 2 keys for more than 10 seconds, let go of the power button alone)

Refer to this HP Article to know more about BIOS recovery. 

If rolling back BIOS does not work, try again. 

If the issue persists, run a diagnostics on your computer to make sure all the components are working fine. Click here

If any of the tests fail, please contact our phone support team to check on the service options available. 

If all the tests pass, try to boot the computer to recovery manager by tapping F11 repeatedly on startup.

Select Troubleshoot - Advanced - Startup repair. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

everything seems to be working (dianostics)  just keeps looping startup repair ...tried everything suggested still stuck in loop

HP Recommended

Hi! pls help me with my laptop HP Probook 4730s stuck while booting and many large vertical and horizintal lines.

So this is what happen, i wanted to add other 4gb RAM in my laptop and my laptop had already an 4gb RAM, but whenever i add other 4gb RAM it will do a many large vertical and horizintal lines and also stuck in boot loop sometimes stay in dark and the fan is cold and Mid noise, i think that this is the RAM faults but its not, this November 1, 2019 (Hallowen) my father buy a 2gb RAM i tested and put the RAM in my laptop but it do the same thing, it was really new but i really think its the motherboard faults or just my laptop im using a OS called Win10...i really dont know whats happening to my laptop pls help!.....

(IM REALLY SRRY IN MY ENGLISH GRAMMAR IM FROM PHILIPINES)

HP Recommended

If you had two(2) RAMS in your laptop remove 1 of them and then try to turn ur laptop ON, i hope this works

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.