Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

i am experiencing the same thing. sometimes it stops for a few days then it comes up again. my laptop is HP 15 ay000nia, with windows 10. i bought it last year 6th October which means my warranty expires 2 days from today.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dabigpro71

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, so that I may help you with a direct number (if available).

That said, a keyboard replacement would not contain a track pad as they are two different parts.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@dabigpro71

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand your laptop continuously scrolls down,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check if the touchpad is stuck? have you disabled the touchpad and check if the scrolling continues?

Have you attempted to try with an alternate mouse to check if that works?

If you haven't, Please attempt using an alternate/external mouse.  

(If that works when the touchpad is disabled on Synaptic software, it would mean that it's a touchpad failure, 

However, if the external mouse doesn't work either, it could be a software/driver issue). 

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse: 

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled. 

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’. 

• 2.   Click Device Manager. 

• 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse. 

• 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall". 

• 5.   Restart your computer. 

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

actually we did all that and even more! . But am glad we found the problem: it was the page down button!!!!! it seems it was pressing itself or maybe something is stuck under it i dont know because even merely rubbing on it gently without really pressing it caused unstoppable scrolling ( just imagine that) - charges maybe.. but i got online and searched for how to disable the pg dn button and i got an answer, though it involved typing some binaries i didnt understand into the registry editor but it worked and the scrolling has completely stopped. But out of curisity I still want to ask if you got a better solution, although i dont think i will ever need that button Inever used it.

HP Recommended

@dabigpro71

I'm glad you found a solution to that concern,

That said, HP recommends you replace the keyboard if you have any keys that are loose and causing issues as the one you had to go through, you could replace parts either on the HP Parts surfer or by simply contacting HP using the below instructions (if need be) - 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Keep me posted,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

so sad my product and country not on the list

HP Recommended

but i just checked an online store and found the hp section. I want to ask; will the keyboard replacement include a trackpad too?

HP Recommended

@dabigpro71

Please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, so that I may help you with a direct number (if available).

That said, a keyboard replacement would not contain a track pad as they are two different parts.

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ok, buh warranty expired on the 6th tho, am from Nigeria

HP Recommended

I had this problem for a while.  I did security checks on my system.  Finally, I got McAfee Total Security Software. And, I removed and reinstalled Google Chrome, and the problem stopped.  I think it is a virus on the system. I am careful now not to leave unknown Internet pages open on my system when I am not using it, and I shut my system down.  If anything begins to seem strange, I immediately use McAfee to scan my system.  I'm okay with the system now, but cautious.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.