Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp g3 745
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when I enabled the secure boot my laptop doesn't  boot, and a black screen appears says that there is no disks

and when I trying to press f2 or any bottom like it, the device reboot itself and back to the same screen. what should I do??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

W10 is probably installed in Legacy mode, and not UEFI mode.

I recommend you disable secure boot, and the PC should start again.

Then go to the programs menu>windows administrative tools>system information and check the BIOS mode.

If it is listed as Legacy, then you will need to reinstall W10 in UEFI mode, so you can enable secure boot.

If it shows UEFI, then unfortunately I don't know what the problem could be.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.