Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15

Hi, HP Community.

i installed Linux And I changed to Secure Boot to Legacy Boot.

i wanted to reinstall Windows 10, the install was successfully but i forgot to change to Secure Boot,

So i decided to change to Secure Boot but as i saved and restarted,

but it sayed: os not found/detected.

So, please help me 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since you installed W10 in legacy mode, you can't enable secure boot, because the drive was formatted with the MBR partition table and not GPT, which is required for secure boot to work.

What you need to do is to go back, disable secure boot, and reinstall W10 in EFI mode.

To do that, just boot your W10 installation media from one of the EFI boot sources (EFI USB or EFI DVD).

After you install Windows in EFI mode, you should be able to turn secure boot on and have everything work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since you installed W10 in legacy mode, you can't enable secure boot, because the drive was formatted with the MBR partition table and not GPT, which is required for secure boot to work.

What you need to do is to go back, disable secure boot, and reinstall W10 in EFI mode.

To do that, just boot your W10 installation media from one of the EFI boot sources (EFI USB or EFI DVD).

After you install Windows in EFI mode, you should be able to turn secure boot on and have everything work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.