Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i openned my laptop it was just fine then when i plug in the charger the battery has like an x logo on it then turns off. I tried to turn it back on but as soon as it turns on it just turns off. After that, it wont turn on anymore and i noticed the caps lock and the power button was blinking the indicator light was blinking too. the indicator light lights on the lightning logo (lights yellow or orange) and the power logo (lights white) please help me this is the only laptop i have

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@aledeman -- is the original one-year HP Warranty still active? If so, contact HP, to get your computer repaired/replaced.  Otherwise, take it to any qualified computer technician for trouble-shooting and repair.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.