Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop AND X0M60EA#
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all my bios doesnt shows my ssd but before when i clone it n install it. it was showing,so i made my ssd primary boot n i delete my hdd files n it was still boot from ssd but i had problems with the driver then i delete  all the files from ssd by going on  disk management  then i had problem with boot then i freshly install win os on my hdd n while i install it ,it shows both disk but now when i go to bios it doesnt show,so i was wondering how do i install an os in the sssd n make it primary drive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @mrnepal2012

Thanks for the post. 

I understand you are unable to boot or install OS on your computer after installing an additional SSD, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you created a recovery kit for your computer? (Cloning is not recommended)

Have you installed the latest BIOS on your computer?

Please click here for the service guide of your computer. 

Refer to page number 5 in the service guide. 

Make sure to use PCIe NVMe Three Level Cell (TLC) M.2 solid-state drive (SSD)

Please disconnect the HDD on your computer. 

Have only the SSD connected to your computer. 

Boot the computer to BIOS by tapping F10 repeatedly on startup.

Restore the BIOS to default settings. 

Under security, make sure secure boot is enabled and the legacy boot is disabled. 

Save and Exit BIOS. 

Shut down your computer. 

Connect the recovery kit created on your computer to the USB port. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F9 repeatedly on startup to enter Boot options. 

Select the USB drive and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. 

Once the computer is booting and working fine with SSD. 

Shut down your computer. 

Install the HDD. 

Boot the computer to the desktop. 

Use the disk management on your computer to format the HDD as a secondary drive. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in using disk management. 

If you do not have a recovery kit created on your computer, please contact our phone support team to order a copy of the recovery kit. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @mrnepal2012

Thanks for the post. 

I understand you are unable to boot or install OS on your computer after installing an additional SSD, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you created a recovery kit for your computer? (Cloning is not recommended)

Have you installed the latest BIOS on your computer?

Please click here for the service guide of your computer. 

Refer to page number 5 in the service guide. 

Make sure to use PCIe NVMe Three Level Cell (TLC) M.2 solid-state drive (SSD)

Please disconnect the HDD on your computer. 

Have only the SSD connected to your computer. 

Boot the computer to BIOS by tapping F10 repeatedly on startup.

Restore the BIOS to default settings. 

Under security, make sure secure boot is enabled and the legacy boot is disabled. 

Save and Exit BIOS. 

Shut down your computer. 

Connect the recovery kit created on your computer to the USB port. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F9 repeatedly on startup to enter Boot options. 

Select the USB drive and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. 

Once the computer is booting and working fine with SSD. 

Shut down your computer. 

Install the HDD. 

Boot the computer to the desktop. 

Use the disk management on your computer to format the HDD as a secondary drive. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in using disk management. 

If you do not have a recovery kit created on your computer, please contact our phone support team to order a copy of the recovery kit. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.