Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0001ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my BIOS was updated and from then i am not able to shutdown, as it restarts automatically instead of shutting down. please fix the bios update 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors) F.08 Rev.A 13.3 MB Jul 14, 2020 Download

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I can confirm that F.08 version is buggy and causes problems such as ;

Slow battery charging 
Random shutdowns / hibernations
Slow booting
Crashes
Higher temperatures

The bios update is buggy, you can't roll back due to a ''feature'' added with it which doesn't let you roll back bios AT ALL

Call HP Support, tell them about the update causing problems. They can't roll it back, even if you send the laptop in for repairs. Insist that the BIOS update is the problem and has to be investigated by development team. 

NOTHING THEY ADVISE YOU WILL FIX THE ISSUE. THE UPDATE IS FAULTY.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.