Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

The scroll on the touch pad causes my cursor to freeze on the screen. It displays a frozen tiny scroll bar on my screen with the cursor attached. Locks up  the compute. Have to log off to get it working again.

Help!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

maybe hit ESC a few times. Once you are out of the lockup, see if there is an update to the touchpad driver. Also, check the touchpad settings (some model let you define which area and the size for the scroll, etc).

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

My Pavilion DV7 4270 touchpad locks up.  Amber light in top left corner stays on.  Esc does nothing as keyboard is locked up also.  Cannot use keyboard to access Task Manager.  Cannot log off.  Have to do a force power off.  My unit is only

2 weeks old.  It has the latest driver!  What's the fix?  Is this a known problem?

HP Recommended

AMber light means the touchpad is turned off - on dv7 there should be a button on the touchpad to turn it on/off - if no button, try double tap on the light

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thank you the double tap on the upper left side on the mouse works. something so little can give you a headache

HP Recommended

hello

i am emmanuel i am using an hp 2000 with a windows 8 design but i decided to you install a windows 7 for it and i have done that already all my drivers has been updated and its working good but the only thing not working now is my mouse lock when i was using windows 8  it was working but as soon as i insatalled windows 7 its not working my mouse is working well but the lock point there is not working when i touch it, it doesnt lock i mean the red light behind it doesnt turn on and i need your help thats why i am contacting you thank you a lot i know you will help me solve thank you

grateful emmanuel....

HP Recommended

Hi Emmanuel:

I am pleased to be of assistance to you!

Before I begin I would like to make sure I understand. Are you now running Windows 7 or Windows 8?  Did you install Mouse Lock software, or do you mean the mouse is locking up?  Did you mean ClickLock  that came with your windows? What model of HP do you have? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Numberclick here. Once I have that information I will be better able to assist you. I am looking forward to your reply.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

My wife has a friend with a new Pavilion 2000. Here is what the touchpad is doing. The left clicker is still clicking inside the notebook. When this happens while online, IE Freezes & she has to shut it down. I believe that the circuitboard for the touchpad is bad. I doubt tech suppost tried to go online & investagate this problem. Or it wasn't explained to them. I will add the Model Number so if it does go back which I think it should, this reply should be enough proof that they didn't fix the problem. In the mean time, I'll give her a new dell to use while this one goes back in for a complete repair. She's getting ready for finals & doesn't need this notebook acting up......I'm not pushing Dells, I just bought one on sale to use windows 8. [I like windows 7 anyways]

Here is the Product & Model #'s:Oh, I forgot, the battery release latch doesn't seem to want to move. I tried to get it off but using a flathead screw driver to try & get the latch to move shouldn't be a new HP security addon. I mean there is a problem there & shipping this notebook back with that problem is really dumb, but that's my opinion. It should have been repaired or replaced.

Here is the info. I used HP auto detect online....

Hey Tech people, you just had this baby in for repair & it's still doing the same thing...

HP Pavilion 2000-2c29WM           

Serial Number: 5CG3151HFB       

Product Number: D1E81UA           

I'm not sure what HP Tech Suport did when they had it in for warranty service but just resetting this notebook back to factory settings was lame. She could have done that here but hey, it is what it is & I know that the people at HP in the Tech Support & repair are smart, so with that said, you have all the information online in this forum so when it gets shipped back, please fix the 2 problems so she has a nice running notebook....

Oh just so you know, I have 2 HP Pavilions. A DM1 & a Pavilion g7.

HP Recommended

touch pad mouse is not locking 

HP Recommended

not really locking up maybe, so much as refusing to follow gestures and swipes as it once did

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.