Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1511sa Ryzen 3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anybody help when i turn on the computer a whirring started. The noise is variable and if we move it gets louder.I updated Bios also did factory reset but the problem remains the same ,the laptop is only 2 months old .thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KAMI4 

<Sigh>  Every time I read one of these Factory-Reset-Failed posts I cringe and continue to wonder why everyone seems to think a factory reset is a miracle cure when, in many cases, it only serves to make things worse!

Newer laptops have the fan spin up automatically when the PC boots into Windows, and the lighter weight laptops have the fans spin louder and faster due to faster processors, smaller fans, and less area in the case to expel the heated air.

Additionally, Windows Update runs automatically every week and when it does that, it locks up the processor 100% and the disk 100% and drives the fan very loudly in the process.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KAMI4 

<Sigh>  Every time I read one of these Factory-Reset-Failed posts I cringe and continue to wonder why everyone seems to think a factory reset is a miracle cure when, in many cases, it only serves to make things worse!

Newer laptops have the fan spin up automatically when the PC boots into Windows, and the lighter weight laptops have the fans spin louder and faster due to faster processors, smaller fans, and less area in the case to expel the heated air.

Additionally, Windows Update runs automatically every week and when it does that, it locks up the processor 100% and the disk 100% and drives the fan very loudly in the process.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.