Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
paviliondv6 beats audio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a pavilion beats audio dv6-6000 series and read it can handle a 9 cell battery does anyone know if it will handle a 12 cell,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@betterjoker

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Unfortunately it wont.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@betterjoker

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Unfortunately it wont.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you,,can you tell me if CT2KIT102464BF160B ram will work in my laptop,i need to upgrade

HP Recommended

@betterjoker That 16GB memory kit may or may not work, although, here's what HP has tested for you device, everything you need to know about upgrades, the complete guide:

Click here to access the HP Maintenance and service guide and visit page. 60 Chapter 4 Removal and replacement procedures (for replacement instructions)

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i already changed my dard drive to a solid state 240gb,,will the 16gb still work in it,it does get a little slow when im using more apps

HP Recommended

i take that back a shop changed the ssd so it was probably  an ssd originally,,as you can probably tell im new at this, and really dont want to fry my laptop,i just got it

HP Recommended

@betterjoker You can use the information I had provided to upgrade the same, alternatively, check with a local tech store for assistance if you aren't comfortable with the same,

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

iwhen i upgrade my ram from 6gb to 16gb do i need to do anything else like update my bios,or anything else like that

HP Recommended

If its meant to work, it should auto-detect the upgrade, if that's not working, it means its not compatible. 

No BIOS update required as such.

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.