Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy, Pavilion

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding the best laptop size for portability and also productivity. I currently use a 15.6 inch pavilion laptop which works well for me. Specs is the 4700u from amd and 256 ssd with wifi 6 and backlit keyboard. I built it on hp.com during black friday last year and had no issues with it, just some windows bugs with blue screen and bios errors which I expected since amd finally went mainstream again. 

My question comes down to portability and use, this 15.6 laptop is just a pain for me to transfer from home, to work and eventually school too. For the screen sizes is a 14 inch good for portability? Or do I need to go down to the 13 inch, and also I will probably stick with HP since they're killing it right now. I noticed their new beautiful pavilion aero 13.3 inch and I was thinking of that or an envy 13, or the envy 14. I am sticking with the amd bandwagon for the moment 😉

Please give me input for what you would recommend. I have seen videos saying the 13 inch is too small for productivity but alas I haven't seen them in person yet, and I've seen a video say the 14 inch is the sweet spot with screen size but im worried about its portability. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Bumping thread, thanks to @BiancaS for moving to right forum. 

HP Recommended

Long time mobile computer user. Until pandemic relied heavily on my laptop on airplanes, etc. to do my job. I have gradually settled over the years on a 14 inch. Also have had 13s and can make it work but agree 13 is just a little too small for productivity. 

HP Recommended

Hows portability with the 14?

HP Recommended

Everything is a compromise. The smaller the more portable obviously. A 14 seems to fit in briefcases and pack away quite a bit better than a 15. A 13 is even better in that regard. As I said I have owned too many laptops to count. 10 inch all the way up to 17 inch screens and the last 3 or 4 of them have been 14s and it is what I will continue to buy. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.