Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-dk0028wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have acquired this beautiful laptop (14-dk0028wm), which the only type c port that makes me load, but it does not pass data to me since in the specifications if you have that option, I would like to know if any extra drivers are not on my product page Type C drivers.

1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 RJ-45; 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ (Data transfer only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 1 AC smart pin; 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only) these are the product specifications!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Derianromero Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you have USB-c port issue with your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Have you tried checking with different USB devices?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

1) Open Device Manager. Find Universal Serial Bus controllers option and single click it to expand.

2) Find USB Root Hub option under this category. Right click it and choose Properties.

3) Go to Power Management tab and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option. Then click OK to save your change.

If you have more USB Root Hub, you need to repeat this operation a couple of times. Please remember to press OK after every perform.

After the settings, plug your USB device back in to see if your computer is able to recognize it now. 

If the issue still persists try the steps recommended below.

1) Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.

2) Click Choose what the power button does.

3) Click Change settings that are currently unavailable at the top.

4) At the bottom, uncheck Turn on fast startup option and then press Save changes button.

5) Restart your computer and plug in the USB device to see if it works.

If your USB device still doesn’t work after this change, please change the setting back and follow the next method.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot USB connection issues.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.