Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the laptop two months ago. The battery can't be removed.

When the battery level is about 40% (about 2 hrs of charge available) I suddenly get the message that the battery is almost empty and that the computer is going to shut down if it isn't plugged to a recharger.

I checked the HP Support wizard and the battery seems to be alright... still the problem remains.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Biagy

Thanks for the reply.

Yes please check the battery duration and let me know.

Meanwhile:

• Calibrate the battery. (Click here to refer the document to run test and calibrate).
  • Click here and perform step 3 to Adjust notebook battery power plans.

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Biagy,

Good Day! Welcome to the HP forums.:) I understand that you require assistance regarding battery issues of the notebook. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you with this. 🙂

Splendid diagnosis. Stupendous understanding of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy customers like you. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For starters, I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

• How long does the battery hold the charge before shutting down?
  • Have you updated the bios?
  • Did this happen after a windows or software update?
  • Did you calibrate and test the battery?

For starters, please perform these steps.

Please update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-au000-Notebook-PC-series/10862158/mod...

Then uninstall the ACPI battery drivers from device manager and restart the computer and check again.

Also check this link for improving battery performance: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640

Please perform all the steps from this link including calibrating the battery, testing and running diagnostics on it and managing power plans. Then check again if the issue gets resolved.

If it does not, please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced as it could be a hardware issue with the battery. Steps to contact HP phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Ho DavidSMP,
Thans for your exhaustive reply.
I have always put the battery in charge when the message appears and I've not tried any of your advices, so I'm going to do what you suggest. I am not a computer expert, so I think I'll need further help... 😌
Anyway I'm going to check the battery duration and I'll tell you.
Thank you so much!
HP Recommended

@Biagy

Thanks for the reply.

Yes please check the battery duration and let me know.

Meanwhile:

• Calibrate the battery. (Click here to refer the document to run test and calibrate).
  • Click here and perform step 3 to Adjust notebook battery power plans.

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.