Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
17m-ce0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new 17m-ce0013dx laptop and I am looking for the service manual to check out it's expandibility and how to properly open the bottom side.  I think I've read this model came with either a 1TB 7200 rpm SATA drive or like mine a 500GB hybrid SSD/Optane PCIe board.  Maybe I'm not right on that since it seems odd to release the same model with diff storage specs/type.  My thoughts on possible expansions are 1) increase memory and 2) see if there is an open SATA bay inside that would fit one of my on-hand 1TB SSD units.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

You have a 1 TB 7200 rpm hard drive and there is just one bay for a 2.5 inch SATA SSD or HDD. There is also an M.2 slot for adding an SSD. You can install an Optane module or a SATA or NVME M.2. 

Max memory would be 32 gigs DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM, even though the Manual says max is 16 gigs. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

You have a 1 TB 7200 rpm hard drive and there is just one bay for a 2.5 inch SATA SSD or HDD. There is also an M.2 slot for adding an SSD. You can install an Optane module or a SATA or NVME M.2. 

Max memory would be 32 gigs DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM, even though the Manual says max is 16 gigs. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

This unit did not come with a 1TB 7200rpm HDD.  It has a 512GB hybrid SSD/Optane module instead.  I suspect the 2.5" SATA bay is empty which is perfect for my 1TB SSD that needs a new home.

Thanks much for the manual.  Now I know how to get the back/bottom off properly.  Cheers!

20190525_054909.jpg

HP Recommended

Looks like I need to get the rubber 2.5" drive holder and the ribbon cable/connector to add a 2.5" SATA.20190525_062434.jpg20190525_062440.jpg

HP Recommended

I need part numbers L52662-001 and L52656-001 but the HP parts store says they are not available thru the parts store.  Unsure where to look for these.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.