Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY x360 Convertible

Model 15-bq213cl

When the laptop is in tablet mode, everything works as intended. When in laptop mode, random things happen such as windows being opened, a sidebar constantly switching between projector modes and other things. I cannot take control of the computer in this mode.

Initially I believed it to be a keyboard issue so I Uninstalled the default keyboard driver and restarted the PC to reinstall it. Didn't help, so I tried this again and even with no keyboard driver installed, the issue still persisted. I tried a different keyboard and same thing so I factory reset the pc. 

The issue doesn't seem to be software/firmware related but i could be wrong. It seems to be a problem with the swapping between laptop/tablet modes. I may need to get the screwdriver to take a look on the inside. 

No peripherals are connected, PC was wiped, I assume resetting the pc means reinstalling windows.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Wolfyy,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1. Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  2.  Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  3.  Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)

BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4.    Press F10 to Save and     Exit.

5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

This is a family member's computer so the information is a little harder to get. I believe he hasn't been using it for awhile due to this issue. 

It doesn't seem possibly to follow these steps as when I start the pc, the F10 key doesn't seem to be doing anything likely due to the problem it's having. I included the troubleshooting steps I've already tried in my original post including resetting the pc to default and uninstalling the keyboard driver which both had no effect.

HP Recommended

So, I managed to get into the BIOS following a few steps from the windows menus but now the issue is selecting F9 or Setup Defaults. When I open the laptop to laptop mode, the keyboard does nothing. I've pressed F9 and tried other buttons but it is unresponsive. In tablet mode or otherwise, the only touch function is on the top for switching through the tabs: Main, Security, System Config, and exit. 

I was able to connect an external keyboard however and press F9. It brought me to another screen and an on screen keypad showed up but nothing seems to be happening. I'll attach a screenshot.

I added a wetransfer link in case the image doesn't show on here.

20210702_200528.jpg

HP Recommended

Its tablet mode issue

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1.    To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon  .

2.    Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

3.    Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

4.    Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

5.    Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

6.    Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

If the issue persists, try a system reset -

•    Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3 to perform System Recovery (Windows 10)

•    Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10)

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

16253647589685461356713374172072.jpg

 I'm not sure why nothing is being downloaded. 

HP Recommended

Uninstall HP Support Assistant

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

and reinstall it from here

Let me know how this goes!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.