Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13-W0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased an HP Spectre X360 512ssd, 16gb a few weeks ago.  Model 13-W0xx.  Really like it!

Is it worth it to get an HP Care Pack?  This is my first HP laptop.  I've had Dell and Lenovo prior to this.

Also..which one?

In my HP Support Assistant, it recommends an HP 2 Year w/Accidental Care, #U9ED4A for around $60.

When I go to the HP Care Pack web-site, though, they list three plans specifically for the Spectre, that range from $170-190 for 2 years or 3 years (example: U9EE2A).

Obviously, $60 seems like a better deal, and I was assuming that the HP Support Assistant on my laptop would be recommended the correct plan, but it seems like it could be wrong.

Also, I heard that if you don't use it, they refund the price of the plan.   Anyone try that?  Have they really refunded you?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok... Called HP sales.

The 3 year options are available with rebate if unused at the end of 3 years.  The two 3 year options available for my Spectre were:

U9EE3A: 3 Year warranty

U9EE4A: 3 Year warranty with accidental damage

I purchased the 3 year with accidental for around $200 with coupon discount.  Pretty good deal.   Hopefully I won't have to use it.

BTW..I saved and printed a copy of the rebate form.  Who knows if I'll be able to find it at the end of 3 years.   I'm sure HP is counting on me losing it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I just received a Spectre X360 AC0xx as my loaner this year under the Expert Program. Impressed with it so far-very fast and smooth performance. If this were my laptop to keep I would certainly consider a Care Pack with Accidental Coverage. Consider for example a drop(gasp) that cracked the screen which is not covered under a standard warranty. A Care Pack cost vs cost of screen replacement-which I would estimate around $400. I usually opted for the extra coverage when using my personal laptop.

The rebate HP is offering till end of year is not one I had seen before so can't give an opinion on it but sounds like a great option. No claim-money back. I am not certain it applies to Spectre Care Packs which as you noticed are more expensive which is due to the hardware being more pricey.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

The weird thing is HP Support Assistant recommending a cheaper care pack.   Then the spectre options for $190.   

Anyone use HP support?   how good is it for the care packs?   i can't really afford to be without a PC for a long time.

HP Recommended

HP Support Asssistant has been know to err before on things.I think it probably was just advertising Care Packs-not showing what actually was relevant to your system like it does with driver updates.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I actually called HP sales, they said I could get the items listed under Spectra, but also I could get the items listed as for "All hp Laptops" like the "3 year +lojack+accidental insurance".  This plan lists onsite hardware support in the bullet points, but doesn't say what the onsite is.

It says "coverage window", but no details.

I guess I'll have to call up again to find out what that is.

HP Recommended

I bought my computer from Best Buy and originally purchased their Geek Squad protection.  However, after registering my Spectre x360 I received emails from HP that offered coverage at a much better price than Best Buy, and included Lojack which Best Buy did not.  So I cancelled my Best Buy contract and went with HP and saved about $125.00 for 3 year coverage with accidental damage protection and Lojack.  I usually don't buy extended warranties, but for a laptop that you are always carrying around and are always bending between notebook use and tablet use, I think it is a wise safeguard.

HP Recommended

Ok... Called HP sales.

The 3 year options are available with rebate if unused at the end of 3 years.  The two 3 year options available for my Spectre were:

U9EE3A: 3 Year warranty

U9EE4A: 3 Year warranty with accidental damage

I purchased the 3 year with accidental for around $200 with coupon discount.  Pretty good deal.   Hopefully I won't have to use it.

BTW..I saved and printed a copy of the rebate form.  Who knows if I'll be able to find it at the end of 3 years.   I'm sure HP is counting on me losing it.

HP Recommended

I know I'm a bit late but I couldn't find a code for the Careback discount! I tried one that I got a month ago for 25% off but no luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.