Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15m convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The AC adapter is not being detected and thus the battery will not charge at all.... 

no idicator light is present to show charging either....

However, if the battery is removed and the adapter plugged in the computer will start normally and operate fine, but it will still not detect the charger....

the computer will run entirely off the ac adapter and tell me its not plugged in....

Does not makes sense to me how it can be powered on by the charger and not detect it... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @WaterBottle1 

Is the center PIN missing from the AC jack???

IMG_4901#2.jpg

REO

HP Recommended

The adapter is not damaged in any way. I have verified that it works with a different computer....

the adapter works to power the laptop currently.... but the laptop does not recogonize that it is plugged in

HP Recommended

@WaterBottle1 

Can you take a pic of that message and post it???

REO

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I cannot upload a picture at the moment. I will try to upload one tomorrow or this weekend. 

In the HP Troubleshooting Service in the BIOS of the laptop I ran a Battery test and an AC Adapter test

The battery test came back ok

The AC adapter test cold not be ran because the ac adapter is unplugged. even though it is plugged in. 

If I disconnect the battery so that the laptop is only running on AC adapter power it still says that the adapter is unplugged.

The computer does not recognize that the adapter is plugged in, but is still able to draw power from it and operate normally.

So i know the adapter works properly becasue its able to run the laptop fine... 

But because It doesnt recognise it, it cannot charge the battery. so the battery is completley drained now..

Is there any way to get it to recognize the adapter?

HP Recommended

@WaterBottle1 

Can we get the model of your laptop???

REO

HP Recommended

the model is the HP Envy x360 15

Model # 15m-bp112dx

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I cannot do a bios update...

the AC adapter must be plugged in in order to update... it doesnt recognize that its plugged in and will not allow me to update it..

HP Recommended

@WaterBottle1 

Can you do the UEFI update???

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.