Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 15z-ee000 CTO
Linux

Hi,

I got a new ENVY x360 15z-ee000 CTO and unfortunately it won't suspend to RAM in Linux.  It only support s2idle mode and when the sleep state is initiated, it doesn't turn off the fans and is not actually suspended to RAM.

cat /sys/power/mem_sleep
[s2idle]

(the "deep" option is missing)

I disassembled the ACPI tables and saw this portion:

Name (_S0, Package (0x04) // _S0_: S0 System State
{
Zero,
Zero,
Zero,
Zero
})
If ((CNSB == Zero))
{
If ((DAS3 == One))
{
Name (_S3, Package (0x04) // _S3_: S3 System State
{
0x03,
0x03,
Zero,
Zero
})
}

}

I don't know what "CNSB" or "DAS3" are and they're only used one other place in the dsdt.dsl ACPI table file, but they appear to be blocking the S3 suspend to RAM sleep state in Linux.

Can this be fixed?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So I am having the same issue on model 15z-ee000. I was able to modify the ACPI table to remove those conditional statements and the output of /sys/power/mem_sleep now includes deep but when I try to enter deep sleep (s3) the screen goes black and it will not wake from keyboard, touchpad, or even power button. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.