Flag Post

AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M GPU install, stuck windows

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G0 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello There!

I am Facing some issues while Installing AMD GPU drivers

Here's the Story:

I have a processor of 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3230M (2.6 GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores) with 8GB RAM.
Integrated Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Discrete Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8750M, with 2GB dedicated DDR3 video memory

A week ago I installed fresh window (Win 10 64 bit pro). So everything is fine Ultra New For me Now.

I installed Intel GPU drivers, It's working Cool and fine but when I installed AMD GPU Drivers From AMD site "AUTO DETECTION AND INTSALL. but now it showing AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M Series" (MIND I have AMD REDEON HD 8750M series GPU)

While installing AMD drivers my laptop got stuck Then I powered off my laptop by holding switched off button for 3-5 second then I restart it manual, My laptop stuck at welcome screen, I switched off and start again But issue remain same( laptop stuck at welcome screen) I tried it 4-5 time but there was no change

I said to myself that may be windows get corrupted (though it was new) then I again installed new window ( win 10 64 bit pro) and again downloaded and installed drivers then again same things happened with me as I described above since I assured that there is not issue with my processor and windows, there is something wrong with AMD GPU Drivers So I powered off my laptop and BOOT it into safe mode then I went to device manager and uninstalled AMD divers and device then I restart my laptop on normal mode, Hopefully my laptop didn't stuck at welcome button 😍 So I deleted everything from my windows that's was related to AMD then I installed Drivers again but again there is no change (same things happened in a row as i discussed above 😞

Again I open my laptop in safe mode and disable AMD GPU Now everything is going fit and fine If I enable my drivers then windows will be stuck again!

Let me know what should I do in that situation??

Any body help would be highly appreciated

Thanks,

Rasel

NOTE: Sorry for bad English because English is not our native language, I Hope you could understand my problem

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,897 93,554 12,294 26,130
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HH_RaSeL 

Please use the following Guide

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03048374

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation