Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15-BC203NT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I've bought a Pavilion Gaming 15-BC203NT few days ago. I have a few questions.
- Its battery is unremovable so I m not sure about how to charge it to not to kill battery so quickly. It is not written in the manual. Any recommendations?

- Does the laptop have a socket for SSD ?
- Does it have a MMX socket to change video card?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The battery is removeable just internal but you do not need to worry much about it. Use it charge it discharge it. Use the HP Battery diagnostic tool in the HP Support Assistant every 3 or 4 months to check its status. Avoid running it down below about 15%. This is a modern lithium ion battery. There is no memory effect and a lot of "urban myth" about laptop batteries is just that. Maybe true 20 years ago, no longer a problem. As I said use it enjoy it set it and forget it. 

M.2 mSSD slot is a yes. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

The best image is page 30. The hard drive, which you will see in yours, is above and at right angles to the battery. The M.2 slot is to the left of the battery. The picture shows an M.2 disk in place: your slot will be empty. If you want to add an M.2 disk you need to get the PCIe/NVME variety. Your laptop will accept either a SATA or NVME but you want the latter as they do not cost much, if any, more and are at least 3 or 4 times as fast. 

This is the recommended 256 gig M.2 NVME:

GNRC SSD 256 GB 228 0M2 PCIe 3x4SS NVMeTLC TL 847109-005

In the US, HP sells this for $102 which is a steal but they also have a 512 which is only a few bucks more:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=F1D662E49BA147D5B2E91284FDE105FA&SearchIn=P...

Post back if you want help ordering. 

MXM video card is a big no. Sorry. I actually have the Omen with the nVidia Geforce 1050M and I am not thrilled with it but it is not bad, either. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The battery is removeable just internal but you do not need to worry much about it. Use it charge it discharge it. Use the HP Battery diagnostic tool in the HP Support Assistant every 3 or 4 months to check its status. Avoid running it down below about 15%. This is a modern lithium ion battery. There is no memory effect and a lot of "urban myth" about laptop batteries is just that. Maybe true 20 years ago, no longer a problem. As I said use it enjoy it set it and forget it. 

M.2 mSSD slot is a yes. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

The best image is page 30. The hard drive, which you will see in yours, is above and at right angles to the battery. The M.2 slot is to the left of the battery. The picture shows an M.2 disk in place: your slot will be empty. If you want to add an M.2 disk you need to get the PCIe/NVME variety. Your laptop will accept either a SATA or NVME but you want the latter as they do not cost much, if any, more and are at least 3 or 4 times as fast. 

This is the recommended 256 gig M.2 NVME:

GNRC SSD 256 GB 228 0M2 PCIe 3x4SS NVMeTLC TL 847109-005

In the US, HP sells this for $102 which is a steal but they also have a 512 which is only a few bucks more:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=F1D662E49BA147D5B2E91284FDE105FA&SearchIn=P...

Post back if you want help ordering. 

MXM video card is a big no. Sorry. I actually have the Omen with the nVidia Geforce 1050M and I am not thrilled with it but it is not bad, either. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.