Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh0015nr 8DT27UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Want to add a 1 Tb hard drive. Came with a 1 Tb SSD.

I have looked on Hp's site and parts site and cannot find the parts or part numbers for the following:

1) Part number for 1Tb SATA hard drive.

2) Part number for SATA interface cable. (Hard drive to Laptop Motherboard.)

3) Part number for hard drive brackets or caddy (Whatever is Needed.)

Thanks,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@slickfix wrote:

... So all I need to do is find a drive, which are readily available.

@slickfix 

That is VERY GOOD, you do not have to pay for parts. Many machines do not have that luxury. Now you can add  a 2.5" HDD/SSD to your machine. Please stay at around 2TB. SSD is more expensive but better.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@slickfix 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06447685

1. Part # L06427-850 for 1TB from HP. You can use normal, standard 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD, would be cheaper.

2. Part # for connector:  L57337-001

You can find more info from the following Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06367430.pdf

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Help Banhien.

I figured once I got the general specs for the Hard Drive I could find another one much cheaper.

I have previously looked at the sites you suggested with little data as far as drive bracket parts.

They show them, but no part number.

There seem to be very few sites that list parts for the Hp Omen, Including HP. Only battery, charger, etc.

No specific internal parts.

I think I found a cable : https://www.amazon.com/Deal4GO-15-DH0009TX-15-DH0008TX-15-DH0007TX-NBX0002J200/dp/B08LT7W21M

But am still looking for a drive bracket. If anyone can steer me to one I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Eric

HP Recommended

@slickfix 

Did you read the book ? It says nothing about the bracket nor on  parts list

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=8DT27UA

It may not require one.  Please keep or bookmark above link.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks to all. 

I finally removed my bottom cover to take a look on my Omen 15 and luckily found it did have a drive bracket

cable, and dummy drive installed. So all I need to do is find a drive, which are readily available.

I included a couple pics to show.

Bottom Cover OffBottom Cover Off

Dummy Drive, Cable, and BracketDummy Drive, Cable, and Bracket

Drive CableDrive Cable

HP Recommended

@slickfix wrote:

... So all I need to do is find a drive, which are readily available.

@slickfix 

That is VERY GOOD, you do not have to pay for parts. Many machines do not have that luxury. Now you can add  a 2.5" HDD/SSD to your machine. Please stay at around 2TB. SSD is more expensive but better.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Will i lose my warranty, if i will add HDD myself? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.