Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b1000 (4Z7T8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi everybody !

i've bought the laptop few days ago.  

Can anyone tell me if there is 2 ssd M.2 Nvme slots in the Omen 16-b1210nf and can i add a gen4 ssd ?

My laptop has 512 Go ssd so i need extra space.

Thanks for the replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 1 has the supported drives and drive configurations.

Your notebook does have an empty slot for a second NVMe SSD.

It also appears that PCIe Gen 4 SSD's were offered in the model series, so a Gen 4 SSD should work at the Gen 4 speed.

What I don't know is if the empty slot is also PCIe Gen 4. 

It may only be Gen 3.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 1 has the supported drives and drive configurations.

Your notebook does have an empty slot for a second NVMe SSD.

It also appears that PCIe Gen 4 SSD's were offered in the model series, so a Gen 4 SSD should work at the Gen 4 speed.

What I don't know is if the empty slot is also PCIe Gen 4. 

It may only be Gen 3.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and the service manual.

One more question, if i add a 2nd ssd will my warranty be voided ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This is a peer-to-peer forum.

We do not work for or represent HP, so we cannot speak on their behalf regarding the warranty terms and conditions.

If you look at chapter 5 of the service manual, it indicates that HP wants any work inside the PC to be performed by an authorized service center.

Most folks do the work themselves with the full understanding that if they break something in the process of doing any work inside the notebook, the warranty will become void.

The one thing you should know is that if you do the work yourself and you do need to send the notebook in for warranty service, you will need to return the notebook to its original hardware configuration before sending it to HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the extra informations.

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.