Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a Zbook G3 studio to and was wondering which extra SSD could added. You wrote that your Zbook is compatible with the samsung 960pro 512GB and that it functions very well. Before I am going to buy the samsung SSD, I would like to ask you if your Zbook has indeed the following serialnumber: T7W00EA (I ask that because there are several Zbooks that differ from each other, and I dont want to buy an expensive one that is not compatible). 

many thanks in advance,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Rick, thx for the fast response and advice. The samsung 960 evo was indeed the right ssd, i.e. has a PCI-e 3.0 x4 card interface. I bought it and the ssd works well and is very fast compared to the SSD HP put in the zbook (SanDisk SD7TN3Q-256G-100 SCSI Disk Device (SSD). best, peter 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Dear Peter,

I think you meant my product number. My product number is T7V83ES#ABH. This is the following laptop http://store.hp.com/NetherlandsStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=T7W05EA&opt=ABH&sel=NTB. But then custom made since my university made a deal with hp. I think the best thing for you to do is look in the manual of your laptop and if you're still unsure call the HP service line. They can give you a clear answer whether the SSD will fit in your laptop.

Hope that helps,

Greetings,

Rick,

HP Recommended

Dear Rick, thx for the fast response and advice. The samsung 960 evo was indeed the right ssd, i.e. has a PCI-e 3.0 x4 card interface. I bought it and the ssd works well and is very fast compared to the SSD HP put in the zbook (SanDisk SD7TN3Q-256G-100 SCSI Disk Device (SSD). best, peter 

HP Recommended

That's great to hear enjoy your new ssd!

HP Recommended

thx. just looking for a way to migrate windows10 and all software (office, spss, etc) to the new samsung ssd........

HP Recommended

Don't you have a second ssd? I use my old ssd as my main storage, works great.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.