Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp zbook 15 G3 laptop which has a 240 GB ssd hard disk and I want to add 2 tb hard disk wheather it's ssd or hdd

What hardware do I need and what is compatible with my laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I actually have a Zbook 15 G3. There is a 2.5 inch bay and the mounting hardware that will allow installation is shipped with the laptop. Also there are two M.2 slots that will take either a SATA or PCIe/NVME M.2 SSD. I have three disks in my laptop. A 500 gig 2.5 inch SATA SSD, for storage, a 500 gb PCIe/NVME M.2 which is the bootdisk and then a 128 gig SATA M.2 I also use for storage. 

What kind of SSD is already installed in the laptop?

Post back if you have more questions. 

HP Recommended

My ssd is samsung 256 GB 

I don't have this "mounting hardware" what it's name so that I can get it

HP Recommended

I'm actually pretty sure you do. It's hidden under the smart card reader. See p. 57-59. But just in case you do not it is this part 

Hard Drive Hardware Kit, includes: 848231-001
(3a) Hard drive bracket
(3b) Hard drive cable

Is your Samsung 256 an M.2 "gumstick" or a 2.5 inch type SSD?

HP Recommended

Yes I do have the hard drive bracket but I don't have the cable that connects the hard drive to the motherboard

And I don't where can I find it or buy it

My ssd is M.2 gumstick

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you so much your answers were very helpful for me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.